Sunday 15 September 2013

#Caicos Crew day 3 and 4

For being only four days, our holiday went by decently slow. When your day is made up of seeing how much sun you can catch without burning, and wondering when your going to eat next, its not hard to see why it felt longer. I started my mornings with 15spf and once 11am came around I wacked on the 30 for extra protection. I love getting color on my skin so I cant say I am a safe skin care role model, but with age I have tried to keep my face out of the sun as much as possible. I have TONS of freckles and the sun attracts them like a magnet. I always say I look like a ripe banana in the sun hehe.


Anyway, after starting both mornings off with our daily mini photo shoot, we ate our super yummy breakfast. I ordered these buckwheat pancakes with caramelized bananas. It was from the Como menu (remember, the healthy one) They were delicious after I bathed them in the maple sauce. They were topped with coconut cream (whipped), dried cranberries, apricot and pecans... yum, yum, and yum. I love anything pancake related. Doug went for his daily omelette. The last day I ordered a coconut waffle topped with strawberries and cream....heaven =)



We created our own hashtag and decided that everyone on the island should know...#caicoscrew


We took advantage of our private living quarters by throwing  a bit of a party both days. We enjoyed drinks, music, sun, and pool for the majority of the afternoon. On sunday morning Doug and I got a couples massage. It was the best massage I have personally had. My Thai man was great with his hands and his energy was so lovely. Doug had a little Thai woman and he was so relaxed I think he fell asleep. It was a great little treat to ourselves. The resort toiletries are the best in the business. They have their own line called Invigorate. Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lotion are replaced twice a day so you can never get enough of it. We all loved it so much that we smuggled as many as we could (like typical tourists) come on, don't act like you've never stalked the maid service cart at a good hotel to snag a few extra lotions.... hehe. I've never done that.








Leo and I in the locker room before our massages. ZEN heaven.

An example of what good smuggling gets you...I wont say whose job this was, we didnt manage to get that many!

Saturday nights they always have a bbq out by the pool with a live band. They grill lobster and steak under the stars. It was a beautiful night and the breeze kept the mosquitos off of Doug. We sipped on great wine, had good laughs and were much louder than every other guest....thats the Miami in us!






Leo claims this is the reason she returned....Mango Cheesecake. It was delish!





The last day we all decided we would treat the love birds to a beautiful dinner at our home. We formally invited them to the other Villa for a dinner. Little did we know, we were all going to be blown away by our private dining experience. With the help of the amazing Ary and Jonson we arrived at the house to be WOWED by the incredible romantic set up.





Family style...there was so much more food than this picture. It was all so incredible, we had a bit of meat, fish, salads, veg, risotto, you name it they brought it. We couldnt even eat half of it!!!


How gorgeous is this picture?!?!?!? LOVE


Our butler Jonson


and their butler Ary



Thanks to Larry and Brenda, Doug and I got to try some amazing wines. Between Larry and Al we had the best drinks service! Al is quite the mixologist and Larry is so generous with his wines. CakeBread is their fav and we are now part of their team.

Turks and Caicos was genuinely an incredible experience. We have now found new friends to travel with and explore new countries. We are already trying to plan our next adventure. Thank you to Leo and Frank (or as i dubbed them long ago, Freo) for inviting us on this soul changing, sun worshipping, zen adventure.

I will miss Parrot Cay!!!




AMEN!!!















1 comment:

  1. My mom seriously can't stop talking about it. Looks like you had an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete